We entered the QA (Quality Assurance) phase of Woophy 3.0. This means we are now testing in a large group (including some of you) the new Woophy. At the same time we are fixing the bugs and problems reported by the testers.
I am very excited that the new Woophy is not just a ‘makeover’ but contains many new functions and is at the same time a solid foundation for future developments.
Among the new features of Woophy 3.0 are
• A personal newsfeed keeping you updated on all the actions of your favorite photographers, comments on you pictures, etc.
• A general newsfeed with tweets, latest editors picks, latest blog posts etc.
• A new Google map interface
• Larger photos, larger thumbnails, larger light box
• The endless scroll for easier browsing
• Enhanced integration with social networks like Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook
• Enhanced ‘My Woophy’ section with an overview of all your activities, an overview of the people who added you to their favorites.
• Also we changed the rating policy, from now on it is not possible for new accounts to rate. Only after being active for a while people can rate. The idea behind this change is that only active Woophy members can participate.
Currently we have no idea if the QA reveals any big technical issues but if not we might be able to launch Woophy 3.0 in a couple of weeks.