If your question is not listed below, please contact us.
- Who is Woophy?
Read about Woophy in the about
section of this site.
- How do I nominate someone for the member of the month?
- How do I win a Woophy T-shirt?
By winning one of our competitions, being nominated by other members or just because we think you deserved one.
- How can I contact a photographer?
Go to the page of this member and click on the 'send a message' button
- I want to put a link to Woophy on my website. Is an official banner available?
No, not yet but you can download the logo at the press page
- Is a membership free?
Yes, it is and will stay free but we might introduce on top of the free account also a power account which has more possibilities in exchange for a reasonable fee.
- How many photos can I upload a day?
Currently there is no limit on the amount of photos as long as the photos are in line with Woophy's policy and ambition to create a valuable photographic overview of our planet. Whenever we think certain content is not in line with that policy we might delete that content or close accounts without notice.
- Do you share my email address when I sign up?
No we don't share your email address with anybody unless you give permission yourself.
- How do I get a golden camera behind my name?
By having a high number of photos which have received at least 3 high rates each. The exact formula how we calculate this remains a secret.
- Is it possible to edit or delete comments after sending them?
No, so please be careful what you say.
- How can I change my username / password?
You can change everything at 'My Woophy' -> 'My Account'. However please note that people might not find you anymore when you change your username.
- I didn't receive my account activation e-mail. What should I do?
Send an email to email@example.com
to ask them to activate your account. Sometimes activation emails are stopped by spam filters.
- I forgot my password, what should I do?
- Can I create a list of my favourite members and photos?
Yes, you can add members with a button on their member page. Photos have a favourite button on the photo page and/or in the photo popup.
- Are Woophy's photos free of copyright?
The copyright remains with the photographer. It is only allowed to use this photo for non commercial personal use.
- How can I track the ratings each of my photos has been awarded?
Go to a members page click on 'photos' and see the ratings listed below thumbs.
- What kind of formula do you use for the rating?
One that takes into account the average rating and the amount of rates a photo received.
- Is it possible to rate someone else's photos without making a comment?
Yes, if you don't want you don't have to justify why you rated a photo.
- Can I change a previously uploaded photo by another one, without losing the ratings and comments?
No, this used to be possible in the past but we think ratings, comments and views belong to a specific photo.
- How can I see all the photos of a member when I am looking at one of his photos?
Click on the name of the member to go to the personal page of the member.
- What is the maximum width for a panorama photo?
The maximum width a panorama depends on the height. Less height means more width.
- How can I add a (new) city on the map?
Most cities on earth (5 million +) are in our database, if you cant find what you are looking use alternative spelling. When you are certain that the Woophy database does not contain what you are looking for you can send a request to add a city to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I zoom on the map?
There are four ways:
- Point the mouse to the place you want go and turn the scroll wheel of your mouse.
(Mac OS and firefox users may encounter problems using the mousewheel)
- Drag a window, click and hold the mouse until you have selected the area you want to zoom to. When you release the mouse button you will zoom to the area.
- Use the "+" and "-" button from the toolbar.
- Type the percentage in the box you want to enlarge the map (more than 100%).
Note that by default the zoom window tool is selected and you can start zooming using a dragged window immediately.
- How can I pan the map?
Also here there are more ways
- When you press the 'space bar' on you keyboard you can pan by clicking your mouse and drag the map.
- You can select the 'pan' tool from the zoom menu and drag the map.
- How can I zoom to a certain city?
Go to the search box and type the name of the city, select 'city' form the drop down menu and click go.
- I have encountered some incorrect geographic data.
We are trying to keep the database up-to-date. If you have noticed some incorrect information, send us an email
- I spotted a wrongly placed photo.
You can leave a comment to inform the photographer about the mistake.
- How can I find fast a previous topic in the forum with a theme that I am interested in?
The forum has its own search functionality, whenever in the forum just click the search tab.
- Can I enter a photo in a forum thread without first uploading it onto my own portfolio?
Yes, in the forum you can also post photos by other Woophy members or photos stored outside Woophy.
- How can I start a new forum topic?
Click on forum link from the forum home page. At the bottom of the page you'll find the new topic form.